Why stuck with regular pancakes every day if you can have applesauce cheesecake pancakes?
These fluffy breakfast items are indulgent and sweet, with a little hint of savory.
They are fluffy, decadent, and perfect for filling your belly before doing any activities.
When to Serve Them?
Applesauce cheesecake pancakes have both breakfast and dessert elements. Pancakes in America are more popular as breakfast items, but other countries have their versions of dessert pancakes.
Meanwhile, applesauce is a traditional winter item so that you can serve the pancakes during holidays. Or best, make them whenever you feel like eating pancakes!
Cinnamon applesauce pancakes are the other alternatives for this recipe. You can sprinkle cinnamon powder in the batter, resulting in unique flavor combination.
Don’t forget to use chunky applesauce in the batter instead of a smooth one for a better texture.
The basic ingredients for this cheesecake pancake recipe are flour, applesauce, baking powder, sugar, salt, cinnamon, milk, butter, and egg.
The cheesecake mixture consists of cream cheese, vanilla, and sugar. Whisk the cheesecake mixture first before frying the batter.
Worry about certain dietary restrictions? Try healthy applesauce pancakes.
Replace the flour with almond or coconut flour, butter with coconut oil, and milk with coconut milk.
You can also use sugar substitutes, such as maple syrup, brown sugar, or stevia. Try experimenting with different ingredients until you get the right result.
Start by mixing the cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla in a separate bowl, without overdoing it.
Mix the batter ingredients and whisk until smooth. Fry it on a hot girdle (350 degrees Fahrenheit), and use a spatula to check the cooking level on each side.
Stack a pancake on the plate and spread the cream cheese mixture. Top with another pancake. Add maple syrup, fresh fruits, or whipped cream as you like.
Applesauce cheesecake pancakes offer great flavor profile and fluffiness. Start your day right with these delicious pancakes, or make them whenever you like!
Applesauce Pancakes with Cheesecake Filling are SO good! It’s the perfect breakfast recipe for back to school or just because.
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 cup chunky applesauce
- 1 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Mix together all pancake ingredients until just mixed. Do not over stir.
- Heat griddle to 350, and pour pancake batter out in ½ cup circles. Let cook on first side until air bubbles start to form, and use a spatula to check to see for doneness. When the bottom is a nice golden brown, flip the pancake and cook on the other side until it reaches that golden brown color.
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, cream the cream cheese and sugar until nicely blended. Mix in the vanilla.
- Put the cheesecake filling in a piping bag and pipe the cheesecake filling over one pancake and top with a second pancake to serve.
- Makes 4 servings.