What says summer louder than fresh fruit and ice cream?
You can make a fun refreshment for your family by making this easy strawberry no-churn ice cream recipe.
Like what it says, “no-churn” means that you don’t need any ice cream maker to make it.
Different from other instant strawberry ice cream recipe, this one calls for fresh strawberries.
What You Need
You can buy the best quality strawberry to have the flavor you want. Some bigger strawberry varieties would taste sweeter than the smaller ones.
You would need ½ quart strawberry and make it into a fresh puree.
Other things you need to prepare is 1 can of sweetened condensed milk, 2 cups of cold heavy cream, and ½ tsp. vanilla extract.
To make pureed strawberry, you can put it in a food processor for around 20 minutes.
That is to make sure that the strawberry is completely pureed. If you like some chunks, you can cut down the time to 15 minutes.
Using a hand mixer, mix the condensed milk, heavy cream, and vanilla extract until thick.
After it gets thick, you can start putting the strawberry puree into the cream until combined.
The homemade strawberry ice cream stores for a long time in the freezer. Remember to let it sit for around 5 minutes on room temperature before serving it so that it tastes soft.
The key to a perfect no churn strawberry ice cream is to mix the heavy cream until it’s thickened.
It would result in soft ice cream with no ice flakes present. The recipe can be easily modified by swapping the strawberry with other pureed fresh fruit such as mango, pineapple, or avocado.
Besides a refreshing dessert, it can also be a fun afternoon activity with your kids.
With easy-to-find ingredients, you can start making the strawberry no-churn ice cream now. Good luck!
Strawberry No-Churn Ice Cream
Enjoy this classic no-churn ice cream recipe. It’s the perfect summer flavor and made with fresh strawberries.
- 1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 cups cold heavy cream
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ quart strawberries, pureed
- Remove stems and puree strawberries in a food processor for 15-20 seconds.
- With a mixer, beat heavy whipping cream until thick. Pour in sweetened condensed milk, vanilla, and strawberries and fold in until smooth.
- Next, spoon ice cream into a freezer safe container.
- Freeze for 5-6 hours or overnight. When it is time to serve, remove the container from the freezer and let sit on the counter for 5-10 minutes before serving to soften.