Cupcake is cute and decadent, and pumpkin cupcake is even better, but sometimes you don’t want to deal with the mess.
Pumpkin cupcake mason jars are better, easy to eat and perfect for a single serving.
Plus, you can execute this recipe with a boxed white cake mix. Simple!
When Should You Make It?
Anytime! This mason jar cake has an “autumnal” flavor, thanks to the cinnamon, allspice, canned pumpkin, and cloves.
However, you can make the cake for later consumption at the office or campus. The cooking process takes around 45 minutes, so you need to plan accordingly.
Mason jar pumpkin cupcakes are also great as party treats or dinner desserts. You can replace the jars with wine glasses or porcelain mugs.
Pumpkin cupcake in a jar looks intimidating, but the ingredients are convenient.
You can use a white cake mix and canned pumpkin puree as the base. The spices include ¼ teaspoon of allspice, ¼ teaspoon of ground cloves, and 1 teaspoon of cinnamon.
Use 8 ounces of cream cheese and ¾ cup of heavy cream to make 12 servings.
You can use any favorite toppings to garnish the cake. Whipped cream, crushed walnuts, and caramel sauce are recommended.
However, you can get creative with the toppings, such as using pistachios, chocolate sauce, cherries, and cinnamon powder.
For the cake, mix and beat the vanilla cake mix, sugar, pumpkin, oil, egg whites, and all the spices.
While you bake the cupcake batter in muffin tins, mix the cream cheese, sugar, heavy cream, and vanilla extract to make the frosting.
Now comes the fun part: arranging the cake in a jar. Start by placing the cupcake (slice the cake or scoop it with a spoon if the container is small).
Add the cream cheese frosting and place another scoop/slice of cake. Finish with favorite toppings.
Simple and convenient, pumpkin cupcake mason jars will make your day better. Have a nice time baking!
- 1 16.5 ounce white cake mix
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 15 ounces canned pumpkin
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 4 egg whites
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon allspice
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
- 8 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- ¾ cup heavy cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- Optional toppings: whipped topping, walnuts, carmel sauce
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Beat first 8 ingredients in a large mixing bowl on low speed for about 30 seconds or until mixed together.
- Spray 24 muffin tins with cooking spray, or line with cupcake liners. Fill each slightly more than half full.
- Bake for 18-21 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle of the cupcake comes out clean.
- Remove cupcakes from oven and let cool completely.
- Cream together cream cheese and 2 cups of the powdered sugar. Add in the heavy cream and vanilla, and mix well. Continue mixing and add in the remaining 2 cups of powdered sugar ½ cup at a time, until well blended.
- In small mason jars or dessert dishes, layer a pumpkin cupcake (or half of a cupcake if using very small dishes/jars), followed by roughly ¼ cup cream cheese icing. Top with another cupcake, and then top that with the optional toppings of whipped cream, walnuts, and/or caramel sauce.
- Makes 12 servings.