Get ready for a dose of perfect fall flavor with our whipped chocolate pumpkin ganache layered trifles.
- 1 16.5 ounce white cake mix
- 1 cup water
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 4 egg whites
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 ½ cups heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground cloves
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Beat first 4 ingredients in a large mixing bowl on low speed for about 30 seconds or until mixed together.
- Spray 24 muffin tins with cooking spray, or line with cupcake liners. Fill each slightly more than half full.
- In a medium saucepan, combine chocolate chips, pumpkin puree, heavy cream, cinnamon and ground cloves. Cook over medium heat while stirring until mixture thickens.
- Refrigerate chocolate pumpkin sauce for 2 hours, or until completely chilled, and then use a hand mixer and whip the ganache until light and fluffy.
- Layer cupcakes and chocolate pumpkin ganache in mason jars.