As the summer season gets hotter, you and your kids may be spying on the streets waiting for the ice cream truck passes by.
Do you know that you can easily make it, even without an ice cream maker? This candied cherry no-churn ice cream recipe will explain all.
What You Need to Prepare
With only four ingredients to prepare, this homemade ice cream is just what you need to cool down the heat.
What you need is 2 cups of heavy cream, 1 can sweeten condensed milk, 1 tsp. vanilla extract, 1 cup of candied cherries. This one batch of recipe results in 3 cups of ice cream.
However, you can improvise with the taste. Swapping strawberry for the cherry, for example.
You may also explore with other taste like chocolate, vanilla beans, berries, honey, frozen bananas, or marshmallow.
How to Make It
The cherry ice cream recipe will only take 15 minutes to make, with an additional 5 hours freezing time.
You can make it in several batches and serve it later. First, beat the heavy cream using a hand mixer until it gets thickened.
Once it’s heavy and thick, fold in sweetened condensed milk and vanilla extract carefully.
On a freezer-safe container, put a layer of the cream, followed by a layer of candied cherry.
Remember to chop down the cherry into smaller bits so that it can be evenly distributed. Repeat the layer and finish it with the candied cherry.
Put it in the freezer for at least 5 hours. To have soft and cold ice cream, you can wait for 5 minutes before serving it onto a bowl.
What is best about homemade ice cream is that you can always opt for healthier ingredients.
Adding fruits and no additional sugar would make it healthy and refreshing at the same time.
Have a good time making the candied cherry no-churn ice cream and exploring other tastes, too!
- 2 cups cold heavy cream
- 1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup candied cherries, coarsely chopped
- With a mixer, beat heavy whipping cream until thick.
- Pour in sweetened condensed milk and vanilla and fold in until smooth.
- Next, spoon half of the ice cream into a freezer safe container. Top with half of the candied cherries. Repeat layers and swirl the top layer of candied cherries into the ice cream.
- Freeze for 5-6 hours or overnight. When it is time to serve, remove the container from the freezer and let sit on the counter for 5-10 minutes before serving to soften.
- Makes (6) ½ cup servings.