These Applesauce Waffles are made from scratch with chunky applesauce.
- 3 large eggs, separated
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ cups applesauce
- 2 cups milk
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Using a stand or handheld mixer, beat egg whites until stiff peaks form, adding in sugar towards the end.
- Combine remaining ingredients (including egg yolks) in a separate bowl and stir together, making sure to not over-stir. Fold in the whipped egg whites, until just incorporated.
- Cook in waffle iron according to waffle iron instructions.
- Top as desired, with whipped topping, nuts, fruit, berries, syrup, etc.
- Makes 6-8 waffles, depending on the size of your waffle iron.