Sweet, tart, and vibrant, apple rhubarb pie combines the summer staples into a wholesome family dessert.
This recipe is ideal to use all those on-sale apples and rhubarbs. The vibrant fruits and vegetables create an earthy reddish color, packed inside traditional crusts.
When to Serve It?
Apple rhubarb recipes are popular during summer. If you plant rhubarbs at home, you can harvest the best ones during summer (between May and July).
Since rhubarbs have sweet and slightly tart flavors, you can combine them with red apples.
Like a traditional apple pie recipe, the apple rhubarb one is a great substitute for events such as the 4th July and home dinner party.
Children and adults favor this pie. You can top the pie with ice cream or fresh fruits.
This rhubarb pie recipe is even easier to make with a store-bought apple pie filling. You can also use a pre-made pie crust.
The crust should be refrigerated before you make the pie. Use apple pie filling in a can and mix it with fresh ingredients for an extra kick.
The pie filling also consists of fresh apples and rhubarbs. You can also add the apple pie spice and cinnamon.
Use instant tapioca to thicken the filling. Garnish the pie with whipped cream, mint leaves, or cinnamon powder if you want.
Start by pre-heated the oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit. Mix the filling by stirring rhubarb, apple, cinnamon powder, and sugar.
Slowly add the apple pie filling and tapioca and mix evenly, before letting the ingredients sit for 15 minutes.
Spread the cooking spray onto the baking challenge and place the crust there. Slowly fill it up with the rhubarb and apple mixture.
Bake for around 55 minutes or until the crust looks golden brown. This recipe can make around eight servings of pie.
Summer is the best time to use all the fresh ingredients in the desserts. This apple rhubarb pie will make everyone smile. Have a nice time baking!
Apple Rhubarb Pie should be a staple family dinner pie recipe. This easy recipe is made even simpler with a can of apple pie filling mixed together with fresh rhubarb and other tasty ingredients.
- 2 9-inch refrigerated pie crust, or your favorite pie crust recipe, uncooked
- 2 cups red rhubarb, sliced
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 (21-ounce) can apple pie filling
- ¾ teaspoon apple pie spice
- 3 tablespoons instant tapioca
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Spray 9-inch pie pan with non-stick cooking spray, and place one unbaked pie crust in the pan.
- In a medium bowl, mix rhubarb, sugar and cinnamon. Let sit for fifteen minutes, stirring on and off.
- Add in the pie filling, apple pie spice and tapioca and mix together.
- Pour into pie crust-lined pan, and then lay the second pie crust over the top and flute the edges of the crust.
- Bake for 55 minutes and let cool completely prior to serving.
- Makes 8 servings