Fall is the perfect time for spices, especially cinnamon.
This Chinese spice is believed to increase focus, boost immunity, and relieve nasal congestion—just what you need to cozy up on the fall season.
One of the best recipes to try this fall is the apple pie cheesecake parfaits. Instead of making it in a classic cheesecake pan, this simple apple pie recipe calls for an easier option of layering the parfaits in a glass.
To make the recipe, you need to prepare 20 oz. apple pie filling, 80 oz. room temperature cream cheese, 1.85 oz. of an instant mix of vanilla pudding, 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon, 2 cups of milk, 1 cup of your selected granola.
Some people may opt for adding a scoop of vanilla ice cream on top or drizzle it with caramel sauce.
For an easy apple pie filling, you can buy the canned filling and chop it down to smaller bits of apple.
There is also packaged ground cinnamon if you can’t find whole sticks of cinnamon.
The most interesting thing about this apple pie cheesecake parfaits is that it requires no baking. It only takes around 15 minutes to prepare and make the layered cheesecake.
How to Make It
First, with a mixer, beat the room temperature cream cheese until it softens. Use medium speed for around 30 seconds.
Next, pour in the instant vanilla pudding mix and continue mixing until they blend. Turn down the speed to low, slowly add milk to the mix.
Steadily beat the mixture while bringing the speed up to medium for 1 minute. Lastly, add ground cinnamon to the mixture and beat for around 10 seconds.
Assembling the Cheesecake
Though you can use any type of bowl to assemble it, using a small clear glass bowl would make your apple cheesecake parfaits look tempting.
Start by putting the apple pie filling to the bowl. Then, you can pour the cream cheese mixture you have made. Add granola for a hint of texture on top of the cheesecake.
Now, imagine the apple pie cheesecake parfaits with a cup of hot chocolate. Doesn’t it make you want to try the recipe? Go get your supplies and good luck!
Apple Pie Cheesecake Parfaits
This is a cute little dessert you can whip up in no time for the fall season.
- 1 - 20oz can apple pie filling
- 1 - 8oz pkg cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- 1 - 1.85oz pkg instant vanilla pudding mix
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 cups 2% milk
- 1 cup your favorite granola
- If the apple pie filling has large apple pieces, chop into small bite-sized pieces.
- In a stand mixer, beat cream cheese on medium speed until smooth, about 30 seconds on medium speed.
- Add vanilla pudding mix and beat on medium speed until combined.
- Slowly pour in milk and beat on slow speed for 10-15 seconds then slowly bring speed up to medium and beat for 1 minute.
- Add cinnamon and beat until combined, about 10 seconds.
- Immediately assemble your parfaits.
- Evenly distribute apple pie filling between the bowls.
- Next, add cream cheese pudding mixture.
- Top it off with granola.
- Optional: add a dollop of cream cheese pudding on top with an apple piece and a sprinkle of cinnamon.
- Serve immediately.
If you don’t have a stand mixer, you can use an electric hand mixer.
The bowls used here are 6pks of 3×4” mini plastic bowls from the dollar tree.
You can use any type of bowl or cup! The taller the cup the more layers you can have.
However, this will change the amount of ingredients used (for instance if you use large glasses, get an additional can of apple pie mix) and the ending serving size and amounts.